CPAsNET 28th Annual Conference
Welcome to our 28th Annual Conference event page!
Below, you will find helpful information regarding our virtual meeting, including meeting announcements, tips for navigating through our event platform to access resources, engaging with speakers and attendees, and participating in meeting activities! At right, you will find more tips as well as instructions for obtaining your CPE certificates following the event.
As announcements and reminders come up, we will push these communications through Whova. Those who have downloaded the mobile app will receive the announcements as push notifications after July 19. Those who have not downloaded the mobile app will receive these announcements through email. We will post new announcements here so you don’t miss a thing.
July 6, 2021
We will once again being use the Whova app, which is now LIVE. You must have Whova (either online or on the web) to attend our meeting so please either log in on the web and/or download the mobile app as soon as possible to start taking advantage of pre-meeting engagements, like submitting questions for our roundtable or to our speakers. When logging in, please use the same email that you used during registration.
Need guidance? Register to join our “Test Your Tech” call on July 14 at 1:30 pm ET. During this call, I will show attendees how to log in to Whova, access the meetings, test polls and Q&A, and other functionality of the app.
July 13, 2021
Be sure to log in to Whova before the meeting! Here are the directions for web and mobile access.
If you are already using Whova, let us know you’re there by engaging with our first Icebreaker, which can be found in Community on the web, or in the Community tab on the mobile app.
July 19, 2021
Here is a pre-event checklist for a successful conference.
- We will be live streaming the conference through Whova. Please log into Whova on the web and bookmark the site on your desktop BEFORE kick-off.
- To join the live stream tomorrow, navigate to “Agenda” on the left side, click the session, and then “Join the Session.”
- Have you updated your Attendee Profile? Click on the Attendee icon at the bottom of your mobile screen -> Edit my profile, or the top right on the web app -> My Profile (Have fun with it!)
- Interact with an icebreakeror say “Hi” to the group through the “Community” tab
Please note: Beginning tomorrow, if you are on the mobile app, you will receive announcement as push notifications in the app. If you are not on the mobile app, you will continue to receive announcements in email.
July 20, 2021
A few reminders and tips before we kick off our 28th Annual Conference at 11:00 am ET!
- If you want to view the meeting on your iPad or mobile phone, log in to the mobile app.
- If you want to view the meeting on your desktop, log in on your desktop. Be sure to use Google Chrome as your default browser throughout the meeting.
- Did you know you can share helpful articles with your fellow members? Kaylee Bundschuh and Pam Baker have already shared a few. Access and share on the web or on the mobile app in Community/Article Sharing.
- Have a question for one of our speakers and want to submit ahead of time? Submit here on the web or in Session Q&A from your mobile app home screen.
- Don’t forget to participate in polls if you want CPE. If you miss a poll, chat your moderator.
July 21, 2021
Thank you for a successful meeting yesterday. We are excited to kick off Day 2 with Rick Lazio and Dean Zerbe from alliantgroup.
As a reminder, materials and recordings from from Day 1 are located in their respective sessions on the Whova app.
July 22, 2021
Thank you for a another successful meeting yesterday. We look forward to seeing everyone for our first session with Terry Putney of Transition Advisors at 11am ET.
- As a reminder, materials and recordings from from Days 1 & 2 are located in their respective sessions on the Whova app.
- We have also uploaded the the 2 ERC articles that Dean Zerbe mentioned (and authored) in his presentation yesterday to the “Articles” section in Whova.
- Finally, if you are intersted in attending Dean and Rick’s ERC follow-up presentation on August 12, you can register here.
See you soon!
You have the option to join our meeting from a mobile or desktop version of Whova.
Why Should You Use the Desktop Version?
While technically you can view the sessions on a desktop or mobile device, if you’re anything like us, a bigger screen is better! Because we are live streaming, you must log in to the desktop app through the Chrome browser. Keep this link handy – bookmark it on your computer for easy access.
Why Should You Download the Mobile App?
The mobile app has a slightly better interface for engagement. We suggest downloading it to
- Easily update your user profile
- Use engagement features before, during and after our live conference
- Get real-time event updates through push notifications
I Have Whova – Now What?
- After downloading or logging in, please click the Sign-Up/Sign In button and enter your information to create an account. You will be asked for an event invitation code after installing Whova. The event invitation code is CPASNET2021. We also recommend that you update your notification settings to enable notifications from Whova so you don’t miss important messages.
- Update your attendee profile. You can add a photo, update social handles, bio, education, interests, and more!
- Go to Community and interact with our with our Icebreaker!
What can I do leading up to the meeting to prepare?
Please take a moment to review the app and familiarize yourself with the different menu options available:
- Home – Upon logging in, you will find a list of additional resources (see details below), an overview of our event, and the main navigation menu along the bottom.
- Agenda – View our meeting agenda, find details on each session, and customize your agenda to include the sessions you wish to attend. To do this, simply click on a session and then click + Add to My Agenda.
- Attendees – Browse speakers and attendees and connect with them! Simply scroll through the list and select a speaker or attendee to see additional details. Click Message or Say Hi to engage before the meeting.
- Keep tabs on Organizer Announcements
- Break the Ice! – Feel free to answer as many as you want and add more!
- Article Sharing – Idea: Share a helpful article for your roundtable!
- Session Q&A – When we are in a session, or leading up to a session, you can add a question for the speaker in this section. Be sure to select the right session on the agenda before posting. (see more at right)
- Please note, all posts added here are public. To send a private message, read below.
- Messages – If you wish to send a private message to an organizer, speaker, or attendee, navigate here to create a new message.